- If you wish to have a have a gynaecological or pregnancy
scan at Monash Ultrasound for Women, you will need:
- To be referred by a GP or Specialist Clinician.
- To make an appointment directly at Monash Ultrasound for Women (see Locations). For opening hours, please contact your nearest clinic.
- The majority of gynaecological and early pregnancy scans
will be internal (transvaginal). The level of any discomfort
is less than that experienced during a smear test and requires
no special preparation. However, if the technique is inappropriate
for you, other methods can be discussed when making the
- Young children (more than 6 years old) are welcome at
the time of the scan. Please be advised however that their
presence may distract the person performing the scan who
requires full concentration at all times and may also diminish
you and your partner's enjoyment of the ultrasound.
- DVD facilities are available for pregnancy scans.
Due to the sensitive nature of the equipment we regret that
only DVDs provided by Monash Ultrasound for Women
can be used. For a small fee, the DVD will be provided
and the scan will be recorded. Please be aware however that
the supplied DVD is not a medical record of the examination
and will contain only part of the ultrasound scan.
- Full payment is required on the day of the appointment
(see Costs and Fee structure). If a valid referral from
your doctor is available, you will be entitled to a Medicare
benefit for most clinical services upon submission of your
receipt to Medicare.